Physics AS & A Level at Felpham Community College
Physics A content is split into 6 teaching modules: modules 1 to 6, combined with the practical endorsement, constitute the full A level. The modules can be summarised as:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills.
- Module 2: Foundations of physics.
- Module 3: Forces and motion.
- Module 4: Electrons, waves and photons.
- Module 5: Newtonian world and astrophysics.
- Module 6: Particles and medical physics.
A minimum of five A* to C at GCSE including grade B or above in either additional science or physics and level 6 in mathematics.
- Paper 1 Written exam: 2 hours 15 minutes 37% of A level
- Paper 2 Written exam: 2 hours 15 minutes 37% of A level
- Paper 3 Written exam: 1 hour 30 minutes 26% of A level
Mr C Macdonald - Science i/c Physics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Felpham Community College directly.