Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMI Level 3 Diploma at City of Westminster College
The course covers both practical and theory skills in motor vehicle maintenance and repair.
Students gain practical knowledge in all aspects of motor vehicles engineering including:
- Engine Technology
- Transmission Systems
- Fuel and Exhaust Systems including Fuel Injection Technology
- Steering and Suspension
- Electronic Ignition and Engine Management Systems
- Vehicle Performance Testing
- Fault Diagnosis
- Diesel Fuel Systems.
Students also learn how to:
- Diagnose and rectify vehicle engine units and component faults
- Diagnose and rectify auxiliary equipment electrical faults
- Successful completion of the Level 2 award in Light vehicle maintenance and/or appropriate industrial experience.
- An ability to successfully perform ‘hands-on' problem solving tasks.
The course is assessed by practical tasks, online tests and written assignments (coursework).
This qualification is accepted by the retail motor industry as a recognised trade qualification.
Successful learners will be encouraged to seek a career in the automotive industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.