Italian at The Long Eaton School
KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- Students studying the Edexcel A ‐ Level in Italian will develop an understanding of Italian in a variety of contexts and genres.
- Students will learn to communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in Italian.
- Students will also develop an awareness and understanding of the contemporary society, cultural background and heritage of the countries or communities where Italian is spoken.
UNITS COVERED IN YEAR 12
This unit rewards students for their ability to converse in Italian on a general topic area that they have chosen in advance. Students will need to demonstrate that they can engage in a discussion in Italian that relates to a chosen general topic area and allied subtopics.
This unit requires students to understand and convey their understanding of Italian language texts and recordings. Students will also need to produce an essay to demonstrate an ability to manipulate the Italian language in continuous writing.
Youth culture and concerns; Lifestyle: health and fitness; The world around us: travel, tourism; environmental issues and the Italian ‐ speaking world; Education and employment
UNITS COVERED IN YEAR 13
This unit requires students to demonstrate the effectiveness of their Italian ‐ language skills by presenting and taking a clear stance on any issue of their choice. They will be expected to interact effectively with the teacher, defend their views and sustain a discussion. They will be assessed for understanding as well as communication and quality of spoken language.
This unit requires students to demonstrate skills in advanced ‐ level Italian writing and translation from English into Italian. The unit also requires students to demonstrate evidence of independent, advanced ‐ level Italian ‐ language reading and research of a chosen text, play, film or topic area that links to the culture and/or society of an Italian ‐ speaking country, countries or community.
Youth culture and concerns; Lifestyle: health and fitness; The world around us: travel, tourism; environmental issues and the Italian ‐ speaking world; Education and employment; Customs, traditions, beliefs and religions; National and international events: past, present and future; Literature and the arts.
- (AS) Unit 1 ‐ Spoken Expression and Response in Italian ‐ Externally Assessed
- (AS) Unit 2 ‐ Understanding and Written Response in Italian ‐ Externally Assessed
- (A2) Unit 3 ‐ Understanding and Spoken Response in Italian ‐ Externally Assessed
- (A2) Unit 4 ‐ Research, Understanding and Written Response in Italian ‐ Externally Assessed
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Long Eaton School directly.