Sport BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Central Foundation Girls' School
BTEC Sport will suit you if you are interested in physical activity and enjoy being practical. This course will develop your people, communication, planning and team-working skills. BTEC sport offers good pathways to A Level PE, BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Sport or Sport and Exercise Sciences.
Internal Assessment 75% (you will study one compulsory unit and two optional units)
- Practical Sports Performance (compulsory) 25%
- The Mind and Sports Performance (optional) 25%
- The Sports Performer in Action (optional) 25%
- Training for Personal Fitness (optional) 25%
- Leading Sports Activities (optional) 25%
External Assessment 25%:
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise (compulsory online exam) 25%
3 in En and Ma PLUS
Successful completion of transition tasks
This course is made up of 75% internal assessment and 25% external assessment.
The internal assessment will be assessed by your teacher and consist of video evidence, photos, homework assignments and lesson plans. The external assessment will be assessed via a 60 minute online test out of 50 marks.
What could I do after the course?
- A Level PE
- Level 3 Nationals in Sport
- Sports and exercise science
- Occupational therapy & injury rehabilitation
You will be expected to attend extra-curricular training outside of class time to improve and develop your practical performances.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central Foundation Girls' School directly.