Children and Young People's Workforce Intermediate Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
The Intermediate Apprenticeship will suit those new to the childcare sector or for those who have limited responsibilities and are working under close supervision
This is a nationally recognised qualification that provides a broad and thorough training programme for all Early Years and Childcare professionals and covers topics, such as:
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People – Reviewing legislation and guidelines. How to respond to evidence or concerns that a Child or Young Person has been abused including e-safety
- Child and Young Person Development – Understand the main stages of child development 0-19 years
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion – Understand how to work in an inclusive way
- Health and Safety – Understand policies and procedures and recognising risks and hazards
- Partnership Working – Understand the importance of partnership with carers
- Communication – barriers and strategies to improve communication
- Support Relationships with Children and Young People – Understand how to maintain and support relationships
Sessions are reviewed regularly and updated to meet the requirements of employers and learners in line with sector changes and the focus of legislation and good practice requirements.
The Level 2 Children and Young People’s Workforce Certificate has been designed to enable students to progress as a Nursery/Pre-School assistant. This course will also suit existing staff looking to gain a qualification that will enhance their career prospects or enable their progression onto further study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.