Sport and Physical Activities BTEC Level 3 at UK Sailing Academy
This two year BTEC Level 3 provides in-depth knowledge of the sports and outdoor industries. The rules and regulations of sports are studied and students actively participate in leading sessions as a coach or instructor. Anatomy and Physiology and effects of nutrition and activities on the body are analysed through different training programmes. The course forms the basis for employment within the vast sectors of sport and outdoor industries and/or entry into higher education to degree level (through accumulated UCAS points).
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (A*-C) including English, Maths, Science
- GCSE PE (A* – C) is desirable but not essential
- Related Level 2 (Merit or Distinction)
- Successful interview
- Coaching or Leadership Qualifications/Awards
- Experience in physical activities and/or leadership
Experience and connections from this BTEC Level 3 Diploma provide the basis for employment in the outdoor industries. The qualification can also lead to progression to higher education and foundation degrees.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact UK Sailing Academy directly.