Electrical Installation Apprenticeship at Uxbridge College
This apprenticeship deals with the service and repair of a range of electrical equipment – from TVs and domestic appliances, to aerial systems in blocks of flats.
As an electrical and electronic servicing apprentice, you’ll choose your area of specialisation.
For this career, you’ll need a keen interest in technology, good analytical skills to work out what’s causing a device to fail, and practical skills to fix it.
A lot of the work involves identifying cables and components by colour, so a normal colour vision is important.
Here are a few examples of the units you may study –
- Health & safety in the engineering workplace
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Principles & applications of electronic devices & circuits
- Features & applications of electrical machines.
- Aged 16+
- Working in or interested in Electrical installation
- Have 3 GCSE’s at A – C inc English, Maths and science or equivalent Level 2 qualification
- Need to complete a basic skills assessment in literacy and numeracy.
Assessments are carried out in your workplace. Our assessor will come and visit you at work every 6-8 weeks and assess you in your job role. Visits usually last around two hours.
There is no cost for you to do an apprenticeship if you are 16-23 years old and you will be paid a wage.
NUS Apprentice extra Card
Apprentices can get discounts at over 120 high street and online retailers, please visit www.apprenticeextra.co.uk for more information.
Apprentice Oyster photocard
Apprentices can get up to 30% discounts on travel within London Borough. For more information, please visit https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adultdiscounts-and-concessions/apprentice-oysterphotocard
- Further study: Apprentices that complete Level 3 may be able to go onto a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
- Job opportunities: Installing and servicing high technology television systems, video / DVD player/recorders and audio equipment
Contact our apprenticeships department on
- 01895 853622 / 01895 853333
Please see the frequently asked questions section on the next page for more information!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.