Business Studies BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Lampton Academy
You will study three units each year. Two pieces will be internally assessed and the examining body will assess one piece. The course is ideally suited to those students whose strengths lie in coursework rather than in formal examinations.
Units covered in Y12
- The Business Environment: Examining a range of businesses, their ownership and organisation
- Business Resources: Focusing on how human and physical resources are managed
- Introduction to Marketing: Exploring marketing in organisations
Units covered in Y13
- Business Communication: Analysing different types of business information
- Creative Product Promotion: Creating a marketing campaign for a chosen organisation
- Recruitment and Selection: Investigating recruitment in business
A*-C Business GCSE / L2 BTEC desirable.
BTEC Business is a course that when chosen with a good combination of subjects, could open many doors. Most employers and universities want to be assured that potential candidates are able to contextualise information and apply knowledge and theory.
The vocational aspect of the course lends itself to practical application where each unit is contextualised into current business scenarios; allowing students to develop their ‘real ‘ knowledge of business. Students go on to good universities having completing the course whereas others may use their grades to opt for an apprenticeship scheme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lampton Academy directly.