Children and Young Peoples Workforce Intermediate Apprenticeship Certificate - Work Based at Eastleigh College
Childcare courses at Eastleigh College are taught by professionals, and provide child development and childcare theory from birth to eight years. Each course has a large practical element, which gives you hands-on professional training in pre-schools, day nurseries and schools.
Learners will need to be employed for min 16 hours per week with children under 5 & work under the direction of other staff.
The qualification will include areas such as
- Safeguarding children
- Health & Safety
- Child development
- Functional skills: Maths, English & ICT for those learners who have GCSE grades below D
- GSCE English & Maths A-G / Ability to complete Functional skills level 1
- Some experience working with children under 5 employed or voluntary (Min 6 months)
- Progression to Level 3 is not automatic, will depend on job role & experience
Once you have enrolled onto the programme you will be assigned an assessor that will visit you in the workplace regularly.
- complete assessment plans and reviews with you to keep you on target.
- support you in the collection of the required evidence needed for your qualification through different assessment methods such as: professional discussion, observations, written questions, verbal questions, witness statements and any assignments.
Gain employment as assistant in Pre-School, Day nursery, Reception class, Childrens Centre or child-minding assistant.
Progress to level 3 if employed as Key person/Nursery Nurse
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.