Drama & Theatre Studies A-Level at New Rickstones Academy
Drama and Theatre Studies is designed to provide a balance across a range of learning activities. It combines the activities of exploring plays, creating theatre, the performing of plays, the analysis of theatre and the critical evaluation of all of these elements. Students completing the course successfully will hone their analytical and creative skills and have a thorough understanding of drama and theatre and an ability to communicate effectively with others. The emphasis is on drama and theatre studies as a practical, intellectual and artistic subject. It aims to extend the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to communicate through drama and theatre.
What are the future pathways and opportunities that are available when studying your subject?
Are you interested in:
- Experiencing different live theatre performances?
- Working in groups in a creative context?
- Developing strong communication skills?
- Close textual analysis?
- Learning about the craft of the playwright and how plays are structured?
Drama & Theatre Studies can lead to a career in:
- Theatre production/stage management
- Lighting designer/set designer
- Arts Administration
- Exam Board
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New Rickstones Academy directly.