Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Diploma at The Arnewood School
The syllabus followed and outlined below is Edexcel. This is a practical, work related course based on realistic workplace situations and activities.
- Unit 1 Health, Safety and Welfare in construction and the Built Environment
- Unit 2 Sustainable Construction
- Unit 10 Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Unit 17 Building Regulations and Control in Construction
Core Units Part 2
- Unit 3 Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Unit 6 Building Technology in Construction
Additional Units Part 2 includes
- Unit 8 Graphical Detailing in Construction and the Built Environment
- Unit 18 Computer Aided Drafting and the Built Environment
A minimum of a Merit Level at BTEC Construction Level 2 is preferred.
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma consists of four core units plus specialist units that
provide for a combined total of 360 guided learning hours.
BTEC Level 3 Diploma consists of six core units plus specialist units that provide for a combined total of 720 guided learning hours.
You are likely to be aiming to be employed in a job covering: architectural design, estimating, planning, buying, surveying, property, housing, site engineer, site technician, surveying, etc.
Students will be expected to keep abreast of technology advancements including Construction trends through quality newspapers and magazines, reference materials and appropriate documentaries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Arnewood School directly.