Work Based Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma at Easton & Otley College
The course will provide you with the more enhanced skills and knowledge in environmental conservation, enabling you to adapt to changes across the countryside sector. You will build confidence and technical knowledge at a level required for supervisory roles within the industry.
This course is suitable for those who and have taken on more responsibility within the organisation and allocation of work. Roles could include; Senior Estate worker, woodland or Park Ranger, Conservation Officer, Access or recreation Officer
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Workbased Environmental Conservation Diploma
- Level 2 Award in Principle of Developing Environmental and Land-based Projects
- Level 2 functional skills in English & Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid
Course content includes
- Environmental good practice
- Preparing and delivering educational activities
- Organising and leading volunteer groups
- Producing site management plans
- Planning environmental projects
- Communicating with and caring for the public
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
All assessment and training is undertaken in the workplace.
Successful students could progress on to degree level study, such as the Foundation Degree in Science Ecology & Conservation Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.