Office Procedures City & Guilds Level 1 Award at Millennium Academy Ltd
The Level 1 Award in Office Procedures is targeted at people who propose to work in clerical roles, those following full-time courses and others requiring basic knowledge. The course covers general office work and the staff required, effective communications, office safety, basic procedures, simple filing systems and the use of machinery and equipment. This level covers areas including communication styles and systems, good phone skills, simple letters and memos, handing mail, stationery and stock, purchase of goods, filing and indexing and text production and reprography and many more.
Know the functions of an office and how to work there safely:
· Health and Safety in the Work Place
Be able to use business communication techniques:
· Telephone Usage
· Mail Systems
· Letters & Memos
· Meetings and Minute Takings
Know the systems and procedures in use in an office:
· Understanding your business
· Maintaining Petty Cash
· Time Management and Planning and Travel
· Introduction to MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Purchase of goods
Understand methods of storing and classifying information:
· Maintaining Databases and Records
· Dairy Management
· Stationary and Stock
- Filing and Indexing
Know about the range of equipment that supports the office:
· Use of office equipment e.g. collators, binders etc
· Equipment used in Mail Room e.g. franking, weighing, addressing etc.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. However, candidates would be assessed to ensure they entered at the right level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Millennium Academy Ltd directly.