Sport BTEC Level 3 Diploma (Double) (Option Blocks A & D) at The North School
This course will enable you to:
- Develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of the sport and active leisure sector
- Develop a range of technical skills and attributes which will support a career in sport and active leisure
- Develop academic and study skills that will support future education choices
The course will give you an insight into the different occupational routes you can take within the sector as well as help you progress into employment or move onto further study.
This double option course requires a number of mandatory units to be completed together with optional units selected by the PE department.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
Students will require a minimum of five A*-C/9-4 grades at GCSE, including English and
Mathematics. Students should have GCSE PE at grade 5, or a Merit for BTEC Sport Level 2.
Some of the assessment will be through coursework elements, whilst other elements will be externally examined with onscreen and written tests. Coursework is usually in the form of essays, presentations, leaflets and video analysis.
Sports kit will be required for some practical elements. All books are provided. A sixth-form sport T-Shirt can be purchased from the PE department.
This course will enable you to access higher education and pursue a career in teaching, sports coaching, armed forces, physiotherapy, gym instructor and sports based industry professions.
For further information on the requirements and content of this course, please contact Ms S Kray
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.