Vehicle Technology BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Exeter College
This course is designed to progress your knowledge of automotive technology ready for employment or university level education.
- Use the latest equipment and vehicles in a realistic, industry-standard environment
- Visit manufacturers and attend master classes
- Take optional, additional courses in hybrid and electric vehicle technology
- Have opportunities for work experience alongside your studies
- Operation of Vehicle Chassis Systems
- Vehicle Engine Principles, Operation, Service and Repair
- Vehicle System Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Electrical and Electronic Principles for Vehicle Technology
- Light Vehicle Suspension, Steering and Braking Systems
- Operation and maintenance of Light Vehicle Transmission Systems
You should have completed the IMIAL Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Light Vehicle) as well as a minimum of Level 1 functional skills in English, maths and IT. Internal applicants will also require a reference from your tutor.
You will be assessed by written and practical assessments.
There may be additional costs for organised trips that will support your learning.
Successful completion of this course enables you to progress on to a Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Technology or alternatively, seek an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.