Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level Two Subsidiary Diploma at East Riding College
This course builds on the level one certificate course and looks at light vehicle maintenance and repair principles in greater depth. It is aimed at people who would like to go into work in industry or progress onto further study.
- Subsidiary diplomaCarrying out routine light vehicle maintenance
- Removing and replacing light vehicle engine units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle auxiliary electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Ensuring your actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Maintaining positive working relationships
Additional units cover
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above including mathematics and science
- Level One Certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles or equivalent qualification
- Suitable trade experienc, with transferable occupational skills
- A satisfactory interview and an initial assessment
Where appropriate any relevant experience or qualifications can be accredited towards this qualification.
You will be assessed by a range of techniques to include, observation of practical activities in workshops, oral questioning, written reports and online testing.
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge to aid their step from one job role to another or secure an apprenticeship or advanced apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.