Music Practitioner UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma at Macclesfield College
This course provides an excellent and varied programme giving access to Higher Education or to a wide variety of Music careers. You
will develop skills, knowledge and understanding in Music and Music Technology and Production, and apply your learning in a practical and realistic way.
Anyone who has a passion for Music and Music Technology and who enjoys learning in a practical and energetic environment. If you enjoy group and solo work and want to improve your music performance, theory and techology knowledge as well as finding out more about the music industry, this may be the course for you.
You will study a total of thirteen units throughout the two academic years:
- Principles of music performance and production
- Critical listening and music composition
- Music industry and professional practice
- Critical and contextual awareness for music performance and production
- Music production in context
- Music performance in context
- Preparation for specialist study in music performance and production
- Collaborative music performance project
- Developing Music Performance and Production Skills
- Exploration of specialist study in Music Performance and Production
- Preparing for Progression in music performance and production
- Project Proposal
- Extended project in Music performance and production
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A*-C to include English Language
- A Level 2 qualification (e.g. BTEC Level 2 Diploma) at Merit grade or above.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
All units are assessed through a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstration and assignment work. There are no external examinations.
An overall grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction will be awarded on your final major project in your chosen specialist area.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to:
- Apply to study at Higher Education or undertake a Degree in Performing Arts/ Performing Arts related subject
- Pursue career opportunities in the performing arts industry such as an actor/actress, performer, theatre and back stage support, or dancer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.