Children's Learning, Play & Development BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Totton College
If you’re thinking about getting a job in a nursery or a play centre then
our early years courses are a great place to start. We’ll take you through the basics of working with children and show you how to make learning fun. You’ll get plenty of practical experience to give you confidence when you start work. If you are a young parent
who would like to learn about childcare and other life skills, please contact us.
~ Includes work experience ~
You will learn a combination of skills like:
- talking with children and young people
- respecting children and keeping them safe
- encouraging children to eat healthily and be active
- involving children in group activities
- professional roles and responsibilities
- work experience and keeping a work log (reflective practice)
You’ll be assessed through an assignment or an exam.
With your qualification, you can apply for jobs including:
- nursery nurse
- special educational needs assistant
- preschool advisor
- play therapist
- school lunchtime supervisor
Alternatively you can take a related course at a higher level or apply for an apprenticeship in a related work area.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Totton College directly.