Engineering - Manufacturing Technology City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Brooklands College
This course will develop your skills further in milling, turning, and fabrication and welding.
This course is for you if you have already completed a level 1 engineering manufacturing qualification and are looking to develop your skills further in milling, turning, and fabrication and welding and you are looking to gain employment in the engineering manufacturing industry.
• Working in Engineering
• Principles of Engineering Technology
• Principles of Manufacturing Technology
• Machine Components using Milling Techniques
• Machine Components using Turning Techniques
• Fabricating Sheet Metal Work
Whilst you are studying the Level 2 City and Guilds Certificate in Engineering – Manufacturing Technology you will also study:
• Level 2 City and Guilds Award in Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding
• Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
Learners must have completed a Level 1 Engineering manufacturing qualification including level 1 skills in turning and sheet metal work as well as previous experience of Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding at level 1 and at least level 1 functional skills in English and Maths.
- Working in Engineering – Online multiple choice exam
- Principles of Engineering Technology – Online multiple choice exam
- Principles of Manufacturing Technology - Assignments to assess practical and knowledge tasks
- Machine components using Milling Techniques - Assignments to assess practical and knowledge tasks
- Machine Components using Turing Techniques- Assignments to assess practical and knowledge tasks
- Fabricating Sheet Metal Work - Assignments to assess practical and knowledge tasks
Level 2 City and Guilds Award in Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding
- 5 practical assignments and 1 oral knowledge test
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
- Assignments and exams for each functional skill
Are there any extra costs?
• Pens, pencils, ruler, protractor, compass, eraser, line paper and a ring binder
• Steel or composite toe safety shoes or boots (can be arranged by Brooklands College)
• One piece Brooklands College Engineering Overalls (available on enrolment)
• Safety glasses.
Cost for boots and overalls approximately £30.
All learners materials - £50
Students are allocated a certain amount of free printing, after which a small fee will be incurred.
This course provides direct progression onto the Level 3 City and Guilds Diploma in Engineering –Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering course, full time employment in the engineering manufacturing industry or a level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacturing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brooklands College directly.