Hair and Media Make-up - Level 2 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
In this recognised qualification you will study practical modules including applying make-up, enhancing eyebrows and lashes, hair wefting, tanning and body art, the art of dressing hair, the art of colouring hair, fashion and photographic make-up, media make-up and how to style and dress hair using a variety of techniques.
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Apply make-up
- Body art design
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- The art of colouring hair
- Make and style a hair addition
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- Working in beauty related industries
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- The art of dressing hair
- The art of photographic make-up
- Maths and English
- GCSE English Language with at least 4 points (grade C) or equivalent OR
- A Level 1 qualification in an associated course. Plus a dexterity test, attendance at a one-day 'welcome day' during July and August, or attendnace at summer school if a progressing learner.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
You will be assessed by an ongoing theory and practical assessment. You will collate and present an evidence portfolio for assessment and you will also be assessed through exams set by the awarding body. All practical assessments are graded pass, merit and distinction.
What can I go on to study?
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- Level 3 Diploma in Body and Spa Therapy
- Hairdressers and barbers
- Hairdressing and beauty salon managers and proprietors
- Beauticians and related occupations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.