Health and Social Care A-Level (Double or Single Award) at The Clarendon Academy
- Compulsory-looking at quality of life and effectiveness of care
- Study of diseases
- Looking at physical and mental challenges people face
- Theories and development of learning
- Lifestyle choices and learning disabilities
- Compulsory-Legal side of employment
- Health and sport based issues including obesity, fitness and food
- Community justice and research
- Mental illness
- Diagnosing and treating diseases
Childcare, Nursing, Paediatrics, Midwifery, Social work, Teaching/similar careers, Police Officer, Probation Officer/YOT, Medicine, Paramedics, Health visitor, Mental health.
In the first year of the Sixth Form, students are expected to follow at least 3 subjects. Most will choose 4.
A minimum of 5 grade Cs are required to undertake A Levels and a grade B is recommended in your chosen subjects.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Clarendon Academy directly.