BTEC Creative Media at JCoSS
BTEC Creative Media is a vocational course which gives students the opportunity to develop their portfolio of work-related skills. It is a good preparation for employment post sixth-form but could also support a student looking to apply to university.
Media is ever-changing with new technology leading its development. You will explore a range of digital media and moving image industries. You will devise exciting and creative solutions to projects, through the use of a variety of video and digital media technology. You will be given the opportunity to specialise in digital media or moving image in a variety of projects.
The course will focus on:
- Film production
- Structure and analysis of the media industry
- Design using software packages including Photoshop and InDesign
- Advertising, TV, radio and magazine industries
- Photography, page layout and design.
On the course you will:
- Create a range of digital media solutions through a variety of projects
- Make posters, title sequences, films and web pages
- Research current industry practices and visit TV studios and screenings
- Make your own film products
- Improve your communication skills
- Be offered opportunities for work-based learning and work experience
Students need to be self-motivated and able to work on extended research and practical projects. Organisation and presentation skills are important as is an enthusiasm to learn about and create Media. A Grade C in English Language is required to take this course.
Each unit of study is assessed via a practical project undertaken by the students. You will be expected to create a portfolio that will contain work relating to film production, media theory and multimedia assignments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact JCoSS directly.