Childcare & Education (Early Years Educator) CACHE Level 3 Diploma at NewVIc
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to five years and gain knowledge of children aged five to seven years.
Over two years students complete 15 units including:
- child health and well-being
- play and learning
- preparing for school-readiness
- providing a safe environment
Learners should have grade 5 in English Language and no lower than a grade 4 in Mathematics. Learners also need to have completed a two-week placement in a child setting.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways.
- A reflective study that is externally assessed
- An extended essay that is externally assessed
- Your competence in the work place will also form part of your assessment on the course
You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) form confirming that you have no criminal convictions that prevent you from working with children or vulnerable adults. It will be administered by the college at the start of the course. The cost is £20 (non-refundable).
On completion of the course you will be qualified and can enter employment as:
- Early years practitioners
- Nanny/home-based childcarer
- Children’s centre practitioner
- Teaching assistant
- SEN support worker
The course attracts UCAS points so you will also be able to progress onto university. Learners completing Childcare have gone onto university to study Early Childhood Studies; Primary Teaching; Foundation Degree in Early Years.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.