Brickwork (Trowel Occupations) Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This programme is suitable for employees carrying out the following tasks in their day to day duties: Working on a construction site to given specifications, setting out complex masonry structures, building brick and block walling.
The programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following two components: (please note that if Level 2 Functional Skills has already been achieved it is not necessary to take again. If employer changes ERR will be required again)
1. Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Construction)
- Conforming to general safety in the workplace (this will have been achieved at Level 2)
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Erecting masonry structures in the workplace (this will have been achieved at Level 2)
- Setting out masonry structures in the workplace (this will have been achieved at Level 2)
- Setting out complex masonry structures in the workplace
- Erecting complex masonry structures in the workplace
Optional Units: (Choose 1) - (these optional units would have been achieved on Level 2)
- Erecting masonry cladding in the workplace
- Laying domestic drainage in the workplace
- Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
- Placing and finishing non-specialist concrete in the workplace
- Plastering and rendering surfaces in the workplace
- Maintaining slate and tile roofing in the workplace
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures
2. Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 2)
This Apprenticeship programme is suitable for new and existing employees working in a brickwork (trowel occupations) environment. Candidates must have completed the Level 2 Brickwork and progression from Level 2 to Level 3 will be in agreement with the curriculum area.
Regular monitoring and assessment in both the workplace and at college. Written exams alongside each unit. NVQ work is assessed on an on-going basis through documented evidence of site activity.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Sustained employment in the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.