A LEVEL DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY at Madeley Academy
“Design and Technology is about making things that people want and that work well. Creating things is hugely exciting: it is an inventive, fun activity”.James Dyson
This subject will provide you with opportunities to develop your practical skills, knowledge and understanding of the way products are designed, made and manufactured. The subject requires initiative, creativity, determination but, most importantly, the desire to develop even better solutions to meet the needs of customers.
You will study four Units as follows:
- Materials, Components and Applications
- Learning Through Designing and Making
- Design and Manufacture - Examination
- Design and Making Practice
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Students must achieve a minimum of 4 Grade A* - C plus English Language and Mathematics at grade 4
- Grade B or above in GCSE Design & Technology: Product Design, Resistant Materials or Graphic Products, Electronic Products and Systems and Controls
- Mathematics Grade 5
The skills with which Design and Technology will equip you are highly sought after in the world of work and university. The Course will prepare you for opportunities in:
- All Engineering Courses
- ICT Courses as CAD or CAD/CAM
- Product Design
- Urban and Regional Planning
Please contact Madeley Academy for further information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Madeley Academy directly.