Vehicle Component Fitting Level 2 Certificate at Goldwyn 6th Form College
This Level 2 Certificate in Vehicle Component Fitting is ideal for learners, aged 16-25-year-olds, who are interested in learning about the maintenance of motor vehicles. The qualification has a predominately practical approach to assessment. It supports the learner's progress in the retail motor vehicle industry and to a Level 2 Vocationally Competence Qualification (VCQ).
On this course, you will gain the practical skills required in vehicle maintenance and repair to become an apprentice vehicle technician. For the younger learners, this qualification can supplement their progress to GCSEs and other appropriate destinations, such as apprenticeships and employment.
- Health and Safety & Good House Keeping
- light vehicle fuel, ignition and exhaust units t
- Removal and fitting of basic light vehicle mechanical, electrical & trim components
- light vehicle electrical units and components
- Materials, fabrication, tools, equipment and measuring devices
- Braking systems & components
- light vehicle engine mechanical, lubrication, and cooling system units andcomponents
- Suspension dampers and springs
- Successfully completed Level 1 Certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance.
- Three GCSEs grades C-D or above, plus a positive record of achievement/ progress files.
The assessments for this qualification has a practical focus and combines various assessment styles/methodologies in order to suit the subject and levels of units contained within it. Learning outcomes are set at the unit level and are achieved by following task-based, oral assessments and online assessments.
This qualification will give you the opportunity to work in the motor industry as an apprentice vehicle technician and progress onto the Level 3 in the same area. Advice on opportunities will be available.
On successful completion of this course, you could go on to work in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance depots as a service technician/mechanic.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.