Women's & Men's Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
The course provides you with the opportunity to gain experience and obtain a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing. This will also assist in progressing on to a Level 3 qualification. This course will be delivered at our Ardleigh Green campus.
- Working in the hair industry;
- Follow health and safety in the salon;
- Client consultation for hair services;
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp;
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon;
- Cut women's hair;
- Colour and lighten hair;
- Perm and neutralise hair;
- The art of dressing hair;
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector;
- Reception duties;
- Functional Skills English;
- Functional Skills maths.
Good school reference, an interview and 4 GCSEs at grade D or above to include: maths, English, science plus one other in any subject area. You will have an online target test prior to enrolment.
Assessments are continuous throughout the year. You are required to produce a portfolio containing evidence of practical and theory work. You will also complete online exams for each unit.
Once you have completed this qualification, you will be able to apply for Level 3 Hairdressing or you will be able to work as a junior stylist in a hairdressing salon.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.