Health & Social Care - Level 2 BTEC Diploma at Yorkshire Coast College
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care is the perfect introduction for anyone wishing to persue a career in the industry and provides a good basis for progression on to a Level 3 qualification in this area.
The Level 2 is also a good next step for anyone who has successfully completed the Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Health & Social Care & Children’s and Young People settings.
The course will include the following units:
- Communications in Health and Social Care
- Individual rights in Health and Social Care
- Vocational experience in a Health or Social Care Setting
- Cultural diversity in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and physiology for Health and Social Care
- Human lifespan development
- Creative and therapeutic activities in Health and Social Care
- Health and Social Care Services
- The impact of diet on health
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade D. Level 1 Diploma Introduction to Health, Social Care & Children and Young People. Other Level 1 qualification. Please note - you must complete a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check on application.
After successful completion of the Level 1 Diploma you can then choose to progress on to a Level 2 Certificate or Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care or Childcare.
There are endless possibilities for a career in Health and Social Care in our region, with many of our learners choosing to go straight into full-time careers list Residential or Private Care, or even working in one of the regions many Hospitals.
The local average wage on entry in to a career in Health and Social Care - depend on qualification – is £11,000 - £18,000.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Yorkshire Coast College directly.