IT BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma at Leeds City College
The Level 3 Diploma is a follow-on from the Level 3 Extended Certificate. Along with the Extended Certificate, the Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels, giving you enough UCAS points to get to university. Alternatively, if you do not wish to study a degree, this is more than enough for you to gain full-time employment.
After studying the core modules of the Extended Certificate you will go on to study the subjects below.
- Information Technology systems
- Creating systems to manage information
- Using social media in business
- Data modelling
- Website development
Interested in Programming, Web Design, IT Systems, or Social Media in Business as a career? Then our new, exciting and challenging programme of study is for you. The qualification runs over one year and is the equivalent to 1.5 A-Levels. The course is designed to be the first year of two-year programme of study to support progression to university, or increase your existing UCAS points to help you go to university once completed.
You will study a range of industry relevant IT areas, preparing you for employment within the IT industry.
There is a chance to undertake a work placement with Leeds City Council in year two of this course.
You will study:
- Information Technology Systems
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
- Programming Data Modelling
- Website Development
Work placement opportunities are also available on this course.
Entry requirements for this course include a minimum of five GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above (including Maths and English), or equivalent.
Students should have a genuine interest in IT and a commitment to complete homework and independent study by agreed deadlines.
Assessment is through portfolio, assignments and external assessments. Your course teachers will guide you through the assignment criteria for each unit and make sure you are prepared to achieve your best.
Your options after completing this course are:
- Continue to year two and top-up to the full Extended Diploma in IT
- Continue to year two and top up to the full Diploma in IT
- Continue to year two but study Business in either the Certificate, Extended Certificate or Foundation Diploma.
- Seek an apprenticeship or employment.
English and Maths will be built into your course if your grades are below 4/5.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.