Computing and IT BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
his course will offer you a valuable combination of IT skills and business knowledge - ideal preparation for employment in a range of modern industries, from small independent employers to large government organisations. Upon completion you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to succeed in an ever changing IT environment, or you could choose to progress to the next level of study.
The course is highly recognised within the sector and will improve your job prospects in a wide range of IT related fields.
You will develop skills in the field of technical support for computer systems, qualifying you to gain employment in the IT industry, or to progress to higher level qualifications. Students are given the opportunity to gain experience in a range of IT functions in our well-equipped, specialist IT teaching rooms. We host our own independent network for students to install, we test and maintain computer systems and students can develop skills in hardware and software support as well as networking. If you want a career in providing computing services, this is the course for you!
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Computer Systems
- Setting up an IT Network
- Business Online
- IT Security
- 4 GCSEs at grade E or above (to include maths and English) or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification (e.g. Level 1 Diploma in IT)
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
- Attendance at a pre-enrolment day and completion of the tasks set on that day
Assessment is continuous, with timed tests, written assignments, and observations of practical work. All written work is submitted electronically through ‘Turnitin’.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Computing & IT
- Advanced Apprenticeship in IT
Employment options may include:
- IT Technical Support
- Desktop and Network Technician
- Software Support
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.