Physics A level at Trinity High School and Sixth Form Centre
The course builds on topics studied at GCSE and introduces some new topics. There are three AS modules;
- module 1 introduces ideas about particles, radiation and quantum phenomena.
- Module 2 deals with mechanics and molecular kinetic theory and builds on ideas about forces and motion.
- In module 3 students study electricity and elastic properties of matter.
To gain the full A level students study the above plus three more modules.
- Module 4 deals with gravitational, electric and magnetic fields, waves and oscillations.
- In module 5 students study nuclear applications and choose an additional topic.
- The final Module is an optional module. This year students have opted to study Astrophysics.
Entry requirements are 2 science GCSEs at grade A (one of which must be Physics) and maths GCSE at grade A.
KS5 Physics: Trip to CERN to understand how humans are trying to understand the fundamentals of the universe and opportunity to observe first hand, diverse cultures working together for a common purpose.
KS5 Sciences: University days to see the more modern methods of studying science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Trinity High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.