AS / A Level - Music Technology at Blackpool Sixth Form College
A Level Music Technology gives students the knowledge and skills to record and sequence instruments, live bands and orchestras using our professional recording studios. Musicians, including those who do not play a traditional instrument, are encouraged to create original materials using music technology.
AS Music Technology Year includes:
- Producing a sequenced performance of a piece of music
- Recording performances by college bands and musicians
- Arranging music into new styles
A2 Music Technology Year includes:
- Creating a sequenced backing track with live vocals
- Producing complex recordings of college bands and ensembles
- Composing music to a variety of briefs
- A grade C or above in GCSE Music, a BTEC First Certificate or BTEC First Diploma in Music are recommended.
- Grade 2 music theory and basic keyboard skills (ABRSM). Students who haven’t achieved these must demonstrate ability to read music with fluency and play the keyboard to a basic level
- Students must be able to play an instrument competently
- 70% coursework and 30% examination in AS year
- 60% coursework and 40% examination in A2 year
Exam board: Edexcel
There are many related opportunities in higher education, and many career possibilities including: sound engineer, record producer, teacher, composer.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.