Construction - Level 1 Diploma at City of Oxford College
Gain valuable skills and learn about different parts of the construction industry with this Level 1 Diploma in Construction.
This qualification is an important step towards career opportunities in:
- painting and decorating
- site health and safety
The programme emphasises learning by doing.
It offers a blend of practical workshop skills and classroom based activities to build up your overall knowledge of construction.
For this Level 1 programme you need:
- a strong interest in construction
- a commitment to improving your English and maths as part of the programme
- to be able to talk to us about past learning experiences and future ambitions in an interview
- a good attitude, a willingness to learn and a pair of safety boots
Our learning portal allows you to view further information on the units and link to interactive activities.
The course is:
- 75% practical
- 20% theory and portfolio building
- 5% functional skills and tutorials
On successful completion, you can progress to our Level 2 programmes or seek work in the construction industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Oxford College directly.