Sports Studies BTEC Level 2 at Monkseaton High School
This qualification is a one year full time course. Students who choose the course have a keen interest and a genuine enthusiasm for sport and all that it encompasses. This course is normally a foundation year for the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport.
The course has a practical element so students will be required to actively participate in many sports and adopt various roles within them. It is also benefi cial to have some knowledge of current sporting issues.
- Independent study skills to consolidate learning
- Practical skills
- Data Handling
- Analysis, Interpretation and Evaluation
- Coaching and Leadership
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Ability to work as a part of a team
Students will study a range of units throughout the course which will include a variety of topics from Anatomy and Physiology, Fitness for Sport and Exercise and Leading Sports Activities.
Some of the other units covered are listed below:
- The Sports Performer in Action
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Lifestyle and Well Being
- Practical Sports Performance
- Injury and the Sports Performer
- Running a Sports Event
Students must have a practical commitment to sport.
- 2 Externally Assessed Units - Exam
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Monkseaton High School directly.