Spanish A level at Wilmslow High School
The aim of the course is to develop a range of skills which will enable students to understand and communicate in both written and spoken Language and to enable students to develop and build on the skills acquired at GCSE and
- To enhance employment prospects.
- To facilitate foreign travel.
- To provide an insight into another culture andsociety.
- To provide students with a sound basis for further study.
The following topics are studied at AS and A-Level:
Aspects of Hispanic society
- Modern and traditional values
- Equal rights
Artistic culture in the Hispanic world
- Modern day idols
- Spanish regional identity
- Cultural heritage or cultural landscape
- Today’s youth, tomorrow’s citizens
- Monarchies, republics and dictatorships
- Popular movements
The following topics are studied at A-Level only:
Multiculturalism in Hispanic society
Aspects of political life in the Hispanic world
GCSE B grade or above in Spanish is required along with C grades in English and mathematics. However, a grade A in Spanish is highly recommended.
Spanish A level
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wilmslow High School directly.