Practical Horticulture City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma at East Surrey College
The Diploma in practical horticulture skills delivers the basic gardening skills needed for a first job in the horticultural industry - perhaps working as a gardener or maintaining a park. It will deliver a formal qualification through hands on skills training.
Some of the areas that you will explore include:-
- Growing Flowers and vegetables from seed and potting on.
- Caring for a garden and grounds.
- Caring for a greenhouse.
- Prepare soil and apply an organic mulch.
- Water a bed, border or area of plants in containers.
- Healthy Living.
4 GCSE'S grades A*-E that includes English & Maths.
Financial help is available, contact Client Services on 01737 788444 for more details.
- Horticultre Level 2
- Start a career in Gardening or Park Maintenance
You may need to purchase your own tools and overalls.
There may be a cost for trips.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Surrey College directly.