Btec Diploma:Sport & Exercisescience at Baylis Court School
The BTEC Level 3 Sport & Exercise Science qualification is all about giving you the skills and knowledge to succeed in a number of careers in the sports industry, such as sports performer, sports coach, leisure industry, personal trainer, and sports psychology amongst others.
The course combines practical and academic study. You will complete 10 sports related units over the two years, which will include:
• Anatomy for Sport & Exercise
• Sport & Exercise Physiology
• Sport & Exercise Psychology
• Research Methods for Sport & Exercise Science
• Fitness Training & Programming
• Fitness Testing for Sport & Exercise
• Practical sports
• Current Issues in Sport
• Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
• Sports Injuries
You will need to meet the general entry requirement for the Herschel Consortium, and although there is no need to have studied PE at GCSE or BTEC, a passion for sport is a must.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Baylis Court School directly.