Sport BTEC Level 3 at Chase High School
Level 3 BTEC Sport is a two-year course that is equivalent to A Levels at Grades A-E. Assessment is based on coursework and is teacher assessed.
You’ll gain an in-depth knowledge of a range of sports areas that will enable you to pursue a sports-based degree or further qualifications within the sports industry. While studying, you’ll take part in basketball, badminton, football, boxercise and tennis, as well as a range of other sports.
You’ll benefit from personalised teaching and state-of-the-art 3G pitches at PlayFootball, plus a dedicated gym area and the Sixth Form sports hall.
The skills, techniques and personal capabilities the course develops will benefit any student in any walk of life but are particularly suited to those with a strong desire to develop careers in sport-related disciplines.
The level 3 BTEC breaks down into the following course options and units:
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology
- Unit 2 – Physiology of fitness
- Unit 3 – Assessing risk in sport
- Unit 7 – Fitness testing
Subsidiary Diploma – units in the above, plus:
- Unit 4 – Fitness training
- Unit 5 – Sports coaching
- Unit 8 – Practical team sports
Diploma – units in the above, plus:
- Unit 6 – Sports development
- Unit 9 – Practical individual sports
- Unit 13 – Leadership in sport
- Unit 18 – Sports injuries
- Unit 22 – Rules, regulations & officiating
- Unit 26 – Work experience
Extended Diploma – units in the above, plus:
- Unit 11 – Nutrition
- Unit 14 – Health and lifestyle
- Unit 15 – Instructing for activity
- Unit 16 – Exercise for specific groups
- Unit 19 – Sporting analysis
- Unit 23 – Organising an event
5 x GCSEs at Grades A*-C, including English and Maths or an equivalent Level 2 BTEC, with GCSE English and Maths
You could go on to study a sports-based subject at college or university, or progress into employment as a sports coach or fitness instructor.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chase High School directly.