Mathematics GCSE at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
The course is suitable for students who wish to improve their knowledge of Mathematics, or improve their GCSE grade in order to do a HE/Degree course, especially in Teaching.
At some campuses, this course is only available as a resit, for those who wish to improve their grade.
As part of this course there will be an opportunity to study and improve in subjects that you may have had difficulties with previously, such as algebra and statistics
The course is delivered by a variety of teaching methods and self study.
Mature students: no formal qualifications are required. Basic number skills and interest and commitment to the course are needed.
For those aged 16-19 years:
- a Grade D in GCSE Maths is required;
- if you didn't achieve a Grade D in your GCSE and are studying a two year course at college, you will have the opportunity to follow a course to improve your skills in your first year. You may then be able to resit your GCSE in your second year.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
Exams are taken in November and June. There is no course work.
Once you've completed the course, you could apply for a range of courses including:
- AS and A Levels
- Access to Higher Education
- Vocational qualifications, including Level 3 vocational qualifications
- University level courses, depending on your other qualifications.
- Further courses
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.