Art AS/A2 Level at Baysgarth School
Our aims are to encourage students to develop:
- intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive powers.
- investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills.
- independence in developing their own ideas.
- enthusiasm for, and enjoyment of art and design.
- experience of working with a broad range of media.
- knowledge, understanding and application of art & design in contemporary and past cultures.
Unit 1: Coursework Portfolio
Students work on two major projects: Identity and Human Condition.
- record direct observation from primary sources;
- develop ideas and techniques and produce work that constitutes a personal, informed and meaningful response;
- learn to analyse both their own work and the work of others in contemporary, historical and cultural contexts;
- Students select one starting point from an early release question paper.
- Students are to be given a minimum of three weeks at least in which to plan and prepare.
- Students are then given five hours of controlled time to work on developing their ideas to realisation(s)/outcome(s).
For this unit, an early release question paper will be sent to school. This paper is to be given to candidates. From this paper, candidates are expected to choose one starting point from which they will generate appropriate work.
You need a C grade or above to study Art & Design A Level as well as a love of the subject.
Coursework and Exam.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Baysgarth School directly.