Economics AS/A2 Level at East Berkshire College
Develop your interest and gain a range of essential and transferable skills in linking theory with a practical knowledge of business and the economy.
This is an issue-based, question-orientated course that many students take for personal interest and development as well as for career advancement and the formal qualification.
The course consists of two modules that make up the AS qualification for AQA specification.
Unit 1 you will study how markets operate and market failure that results in pollution and traffic congestion.
Unit 2 covers the National Economy.
The focus throughout is on topical issues which affect us all such as inflation, unemployment, whether we should pay more for education and health care, protecting the environment and toll charges on roads.
- You will need 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English Language.
- Maths and statistics are not a significant part of the syllabus.
- What is important is an interest in business, the economy and current affairs.
- Assessment is via multiple-choice questions and structured questions.
- Modules may be taken in January or June.
- The course is delivered via lectures, seminars, discussions, 'quizzes', group work, plenary sessions, hand-out-based class, activities, DVD material and use of the Internet and software material.
A D grade at AS level leads to a further year of study at A2 level Economics.
University degree courses, careers in Economics or related subjects
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.