Technical Level Extended Certificate in ICT at City College
As an introduction to the study of creating IT systems to manage and share information, students will explore the use of IT in professional and personal situations through 3 mandatory units:
1. Students study the role of computer systems and the implications of their use in personal and professional situations.
2. Students study the design, creation, testing and evaluation of a relational database system to manage information.
3. Students explore how businesses use social media to promote their products and services. Students also implement social media activities in a business to meet requirements.
A further optional unit is also studied.
360 Guided Learning Hours.
TOTAL: 4 UNITS 3x MANDATORY UNITS
1. Information Technology Systems (120 GLH) - Exam 2hrs
2. Creating Systems to Manage Information (90 GLH) - Controlled Assessment
3. Using Social Media in Business (90 GLH) - Coursework
1 X OPTIONAL UNIT Data Modelling (60 GLH) – Coursework Website Development (60 GLH) - Coursework
Minimum C/5 in GCSE ICT or Computing; minimum C English/Maths.
Alongside other Level 3 qualifications in complementary or contrasting subjects, the qualification gives learners the opportunity to progress to a degree in an Information Technology discipline or a degree where Information Technology related skills and knowledge may be advantageous. This qualification also enables learners to develop knowledge and skills needed for entry-level roles related to IT, including vocational Apprenticeship roles and trainee/entry-level roles such as a social media specialist, web/ content developer, or business analyst.
To find out more information please contact City College, on 01782 853535 or at email@example.com
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College directly.