Business Administration and Retail Diploma Level 1 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Understanding and working in business administration and retail
- Communicating electronically
- Creating business documents
- Making and receiving telephone calls
- Welcoming visitors
- Handling mail
- Customer service in the retail sector
- Organising business travel and accommodation
- Supporting business meetings
- Roles and responsibilities in the workplace
- Health and safety at work
- Controlling, handling and replenishing stock in a retail business
f you are interested in a career in business administration or retail this course will give you a specialist work-related qualification and the solid foundation you need to fulfil your ambition and be successful in your chosen career.
You will gain a broad introduction to the business and retail sector and the knowledge and understanding you gain will equip you with the essential skills needed to become an excellent administrator and work in a business or retail environment, as well as giving you the opportunity for further career development and progression on to higher levels of study.
You will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations which will test your knowledge and develop skills that will be of benefit to employers and equip you for a successful future career.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above, however previous experience or a willingness to succeed and progress will be taken into account
- A good grasp of English as this is an assignment-based course
- Experience of using Microsoft Word
This is mainly an assignment-based course with some observations carried out by your tutors.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in administration or retail
- Progress on to a Level 2 course in Administration or Business
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.