History - A Level at Katharine Lady Berkeley's School
The Department offers a modular course which aims to stimulate interest in and promote the study of history. It also aims to:
• develop a coherent knowledge of the past – both within and across the topics chosen;
• develop and apply understanding of historical concepts – including explanation, evidence, interpretations and significance;
• develop the techniques of critical thinking in a historical context – and the skills necessary to analyse and solve historical problems;
• develop critical awareness of a range of historical dimensions – conditional and contingent, synchronic and diachronic;
• develop the ability to communicate historical arguments and conclusions clearly and succinctly with reference to appropriate historical terminology.
5 in History.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Katharine Lady Berkeley's School directly.