Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Childcare at Woodspeen Training
The Advanced Apprenticeship will assess the development, knowledge and skills relating to early learning, childcare, social care and the learning and development for the support services workforce. This qualification will provide a broad understanding of the children and young people's workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required to be an effective childcare practitioner.
This Diploma requires the development of underpinning knowledge (theory) and observations in the workplace to demonstate competence. The Diploma is a 65 credit qualification and has three pathways.
- Early learning and childcare
- Social care
- Learning, development support service
- Promote communication in health, social care or children and young people's settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or childrens and young peoples settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or childrens and young peoples settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or childrens and young peoples settings.
- Understand child and young person development
- Promote child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support children and young peoples health and safety
- Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care
- Working together for the benefit of children and young people
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Context and principles for early years provision
- Promote learning and development in the early years
- Promote childrenswelfare and well-being in the early years
- Professional practice in early years settings
- Support childrens speech, language and communication
Example of optional units:
- Work with babies and young children to promote their development and learning
- Care for the physical and nutritional needs of babies and young children
- Promote young childrens physica; activity and movement skills
- Promote creativity and creative learning in young children
Candidates should already hold a Level 2 qualification in childcare or have substantial knowledge and experience within a childcare sector. Applicants must be employed in the childcare sector. Candidates must have GCSE Math and English at A - C grade, or be prepared to attend college to gain the grades.
Follow on courses:
Level 4 or 5 Diploma or Foundation/Honours Degress in the childcare sector.
Methods of recording study:
E-portfolio and paper based portfolio options are available.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.