Customer Service (Diploma in Customer Service) at The Apprentice Academy
Are you a natural ‘people’s person’ and wanting a role with lots of variety?
Our Customer Service Apprenticeship is a 12-30 month programme designed for young people who enjoy helping people and working with the general public. Good people skills and a friendly manner is crucial to this career, as your main responsibility will
be advising and guiding people - face to face, over the phone or by email.
You will be the first point of contact for customers and will be responsible for activities such as managing customer requests or requirements, dealing with problems or complaints, processing transactions and providing general information about products
With so many companies depending on customer service roles, there’s a broad range of sectors to choose from with great career prospects. Typicals jobs include:
- Customer Support
- Customer Relations
- Sales Support
- Holiday Representative
- Tourist Information Officer
- Civil Service
- Retail Assistant
Throughout the apprenticeship programme you will receive the highest quality of training, expert advice and dedicated support from both your employer and The Apprentice Academy in a variety of duties such as:
- Development of telephone and IT skills
- Communication skills
- Dealing with customers
- Developing customer relationships
- Promoting products and services to customers
- Understand customers and retention
- Managing personal and professional development
- Using social media to deliver customer service
To enroll on our Customer Service Apprenticeship programme you will need to be predicted (or have achieved) at least five GCSE’s Grades (A - D), with one grade C in English or Maths. You will also need to pass our assessment process, which we will tell
you more about once you apply.
You need to attend our two-day assessment process:
- Day 1: Familiarisation session and getting to know each other
- Day 2: Providing the tools and techniques you need to secure the job you want, with a full day of interview preparation and training.
Throughout the apprenticeship, you will get assessed in the workplace via your career coach visits (once a month) and every six to eight weeks you will attend a workshop at The Apprentice Academy.
While you learn new business and employability skills, and gain valuable work experience, you will earn a starting salary of between £124 - £230+ per week. The exact salary will vary depending on each employer.
All the employers we work are committed to investing long term in their employees, therefore the chances of being offered a permanent jobs are high.
- 84% of our apprentices achieve their qualification – 15% above the average national rate.
- 93% of apprentices who start our apprentice programme complete it successfully and gain their qualification — compared to a regional average of 69.7%.
You can also check out our
video of one of our former apprentices.
What we will do for you
- Introduce you to great jobs with high starting salaries and real career development opportunities.
- Match you to job vacancies that fit your skills and interests.
- Provide an intensive and personal job preparation service to help you stand out from other candidates including CV writing, interview techniques and interpersonal skills.
- Secure an apprenticeship before you leave school so you can feel more confident about your future.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Apprentice Academy directly.
Last updated date: 01 October 2015