Drama A level at The Stourport High School and Sixth Form Centre
- Study of 2 play texts
- Take part in practical workshops exploring the plays
- Write exploration notes about the plays under controlled conditions
- Experience a live theatre performance and produce a written response under controlled conditions.
- Contribute to a group performance of a play
- Contribute to a monologue or a duologue.
- Group devised performance from a stimulus. Produce supporting written evidence.
- Written Exam – 2 ½ hours, 3 sections
- Study a set text from the point of view of a director and see live theatre.
- Exploration notes on 2 texts
- Practical workshops
- Live performance of script
- Live performance of devised work.
1x 2 ½ hour exam in Y13
- Drama Teacher / Lecturer
- TV and Media
- Copyright and Royalties Law
- Higher Education research
- Stage Manager
- Box Office Administrator
- Tourism Industry
- Interpretation of performances
- Practicing to improve instrumental technique
- Research and investigation skills.
- Referencing material in an appropriate manner.
- Debating ideas with confidence.
- Asking questions.
- Becoming a critical thinker
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Stourport High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.