Electrical Installations (Level 1) at Central College Nottingham
This course give learners the skills needed to progress to a higher level of training in Electrical Installations.
The course subjects include:
- Structure of the Construction Industry
- Fundamental Safe Working Practices
- Environmental and Sustainability Measures in Domestic Dwellings
- Site Preparation for Working in the Construction Industry
- Electrical Installation Wiring and Terminations
- Fabrication Techniques for Electrical Installation
- Electrical Science and Technology
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including English Language and Maths
- A relevant Entry 3 qualification, plus you will need to complete an English and Maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Most of the assessments will be practical with short answer knowledge assignments. There will also be multiple choice tests for the common units.
Successful completion of this course could lead on to the City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations.
Career Opportunities Include
Possible employment as an apprentice Electrician.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.