BTEC Level 3 Business at Sandringham School
The 120-credit BTEC Level 3 Diploma broadens knowledge focus from the BTEC Level 2 qualification. There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for employment in the appropriate vocational sector and it is suitable for those who have decided that they wish to enter a particular area of work. It is broadly equivalent to two A Levels.
Students will study half the course at Sandringham and half the course at Beaumont. All Units will be internally assessed, via students completing coursework assignments. The assignments will use a variety of assessment methods, such as writing reports, delivering presentations, or demonstrating skills within a group. Students will now only be given on opportunity to achieve the Pass, Merit or Distinction criteria, so they must complete their work on time, to a high standard.
- Unit 1 – The Business Environment: students gain fundamental knowledge of a range of business organisations, and the many factors that shape the nature of organisations operating in an increasingly complex business world.
- Unit 2 – Business Resources: students develop their knowledge of the range of human, physical, technological and financial resources required in an organisation, and how the management of these resources can impact on business performance.
- Unit 3 – Introduction to Marketing: Students develop an understanding of how marketing, research and planning and the marketing mix are used by all organisations.
- Unit 4 – Business Communication: students will understand that that the collection and management of business information, and the successful communication of that information throughout a business, is critical for the future prosperity of the organisation.
Plus eight optional units including:
- Developing Teams in Business
- Business and the Economic Environment
- Recruitment & Selection in Business
- Managing a Business Event
Students complete six units in Year 12, and six units in Year 13
Students must achieve GCSE grades ‘C’ in English Language and Mathematics or a ‘Merit’ grade in BTEC Level 2 Business Studies. You must be an independent learner and able to meet deadlines.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sandringham School directly.