Biology - A level at City College
This A Level course is divided into eight topic areas:
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression
B Grade in sciences.
Course is divided into 3 examinations to be taken at the end of the course.
Paper 1 is a written exam lasting 2 hours covering any content from topics 1–4, including relevant practical skills
Paper 2 is a written exam lasting 2 hours covering any content from topics 1–4, including relevant practical skills,
3 is a written exam lasting 2 hours covering any content from topics 1–8, including relevant practical skills,
The course is open to anyone who is aged 16-18 on the 31st August, in the year that the course starts
Studying Biology gives you the opportunity to progress onto a biology degree at University or enter the job
market directly and train with an employer such as the NHS. Future careers can include Forensic Scientist, Geneticist, Environmental Consultant, Pharmaceutical industry and Medical Sciences.
To find out more information please contact City College, on 01782 853535 or at email@example.com
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College directly.